The Grapevine Convention and Visitor’s Bureau provided me with a restaurant gift certificate and parking passes to experience the Friday night fireworks show at Grapevine SummerBlast 2013.
One of our favorite places to visit in the Dallas-Fort Worth area is Grapevine. We’ve been to several attractions there already this summer, as part of SummerBlast 2013!
Now through Labor Day weekend, there’s tons of family-friendly activities at Grapevine SummerBlast 2013, including waterparks, special exhibits, outdoor activities, dining, shopping and more!
Every Friday night, you can watch a fireworks show over Lake Grapevine. We had an awesome spot at the top of the parking garage at the Gaylord Texan. They even played music in time with the fireworks. The show starts at 9:30 pm.
Other Grapevine attractions taking part in SummerBlast 2013 include:
- The Grapevine Vintage Railroad: On Saturdays and Sundays, the Great Train Robberies give your little deputies the chance to help capture train robbers during a ride on these 1920s Victorian-style coaches.
- SEA LIFE Grapevine Aquarium: They just unveiled their new Turtle Rescue Center. This attraction in the Grapevine Mills Mall is a fun place to take your kiddos to cool off from the summer heat.
- Legoland Discovery Center: Their new Star Wars Miniland Episode IV exhibit opened earlier this summer. We had the chance to visit Legoland a few weeks ago, and Andrew LOVED the Kingdom Quest ride!
- Grapevine NASA Blast: Featuring more than 100 items on loan from NASA, this exhibit is located at the Grapevine Convention & Visitors Bureau’s Grand Gallery. You can see an original Apollo Space Suit and a model Space Shuttle on display!
- Palace Theatre: The presentation of Le Theatre de Marionette’s adaptation of Hans Christian Anderson’s The Little Mermaid will have your children spellbound. Beautifully carved marionettes and the underwater kingdom tell this classic story in a new way.
Have you had the chance to visit Grapevine?
What’s your favorite thing to do there?