Can you believe that summer is almost over? We’re already half-way through July and school starts in just over a month. It’s been a really busy summer in our household. I’ve wanted to write a Dallas Summer Bucket List for a while now.
Some days, it’s hard for me to motivate myself to get out and do things. I like to joke that having a toddler makes doing anything 10 times harder than it was before. But Andrew is definitely the kind of person who doesn’t sit still, so it’s best for everyone if we get up and get out during the day.
Having a list of places to go and things to do helps me get organized so that getting out of the house is a little easier. I wanted to share a list of 20 Things to Do in Dallas this summer.
- Visit the Lacerte Family Children’s Zoo at the Dallas Zoo.
- Take a trip to the Dallas Farmer’s Market.
- See a movie at the Galaxy Drive-In in Ennis.
- Have a staycation at Great Wolf Lodge.
- Build something awesome at LegoLand Discovery Center.
- Cheer on the knights at Medieval Times.
- Spend the day at Hawaiian Falls water park.
- Ride some roller coasters at Six Flags Over Texas.
- Beat the heat at a local splash pad.
- Explore the Hope Park Frisco toddler play area.
- Ride the trolley down McKinney Avenue.
- Visit the Frontiers of Flight Museum at Love Field.
- Ride some awesome rides at Summer Adventures in Fair Park.
- Check out the SEA LIFE Grapevine aquarium.
- Explore the Perot Museum of Nature and Science.
- Take part in the Great Train Robberies on the Grapevine Vintage Railroad.
- Root for the Texas Rangers at the Ballpark in Arlington.
- Tour the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum.
- Visit the Dallas Arboretum.
- Play some arcade games at Dave and Buster’s.
Have you tried any of the activities on the list?
Any that you want to do?