Thanksgiving is almost upon us! In preparation for the big day, I wanted to share our full Thanksgiving menu, along with a timeline and a few tips on how I’m going to pull everything together.
The Week Of…
– Bake Pecan Pie Cookies and place in airtight container.
The Day Before…
– Bake Pumpkin Pie and set aside.
– Make Cherry-O Cream Cheese Pie. Do not add cherry topping until right before dinner.
– Make Cranberry Sauce and refrigerate.
– Prepare Green Bean Bundles for baking. Cover with foil and refrigerate.
– Bake corn bread for dressing. Set aside.
– Chop vegetables for dressing. Refrigerate.
– Make Mashed Potatoes.
– Make Sweet Potato Casserole.
– Make Green Bean Casserole.
– Bake Corn Bread Dressing.
– Bake Holiday Glazed Ham.
– Bake Green Bean Bundles.
– Prepare Turkey Gravy.
– Heat Up Turkey.
– Add Cherry Topping to pie.
– Serve and enjoy dinner!
As with everything in life, the key to a smooth event is preparation and organization. I make a list of all groceries needed several weeks before and go ahead and get those. I also go through my dishes and label each one with a Post-It note saying what it will be used for on the big day. That way, I know I have enough dishes for each item I’m preparing.
It’s important to have a timeline of what you will bake when, especially when you have limited oven space. I like to make things that can be reheated (like mashed potatoes and casseroles) first.
So, that’s about it. Good luck with your holiday meal! I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving!