Every year, I look forward to the day when holiday decorations spring up around the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex because it can mean just one thing: Santa Claus has come to town! I wanted to share a list of the Best Places to Visit Santa for Photos in Dallas, since I didn’t do a very good job of planning out our visit last year. We lucked out and had a great Santa experience — but not everyone is so lucky. Make sure to check out these places for a memorable Santa Holiday Photo!
The Village at Fairview (Nov. 16-Dec. 24, 2013)
The Big Guy gets his own special place this year, located at 160 Town Place in The Village at Fairview. We took my son to meet The Big Guy last year, and got some of the most fun and authentic photos I could have wished for. The Big Guy really knows how to handle little ones. Since he’ll have his own spot this year, you can even bring well-behaved pets for photo opps! Plus, you can sign up for a time in advance to avoid waiting in line. For more info, click here.
- November 16 – December 12, 2013: Monday – Thursday: 12 pm – 8 pm; Friday – Saturday 11 am – 8 pm (Except Saturday, December 7th – 11 am – 6 pm); Sunday: 11 am – 6 pm
- December 13 – 23, 2013: Monday – Thursday: 11 am – 8 pm; Friday – Sunday 10 am – 8 pm
- December 24, 2013: 10 am – 5 pm
Galleria Dallas (Nov. 23-Dec. 24, 2013)
Visit Santa in his special village on the 2nd level of Galleria Dallas, near Nordstrom. The holiday season at Galleria Dallas is a special Dallas tradition, with ice skating, tree lighting celebrations, and the Salvation Army Angel Tree. Make your visit with Santa a day-long outing with all the different activities the Galleria has to offer! For more info, click here.
- Visit the Galleria Dallas website for Santa’s visiting hours.
NorthPark Center (Nov. 29-Dec. 24, 2013)
Children can come see Santa in his cozy living room on the 1st level in Macy’s Court. You can choose to take photos with your own camera, or purchase professional portraits by Marc Robins Photography. Tickets are available starting at 9 am on Monday-Saturday, and 10 am on Sunday. After photos with Santa, make sure you stop by the NorthPark Trains display — it’s a Dallas holiday tradition! For more info, click here.
- Monday – Saturday: 11 am – 2 pm; 2:30 pm – 5 pm; 5:30 pm – 7 pm
- Sunday: 12:30 pm – 3 pm; 3:30 pm – 5 pm
- December 24, 2013: 10 am – 2 pm
Dallas Arboretum (Nov. 29-Dec. 22, 2013)
Santa makes his way to the Dallas Arboretum for a great photo opportunity during weekends this holiday season. During your visit, meet one of his real, live reindeer and see other holiday costumed characters. Make the most of your visit by checking out the other Holiday at the Arboretum displays, including Angels in DeGolyer Mansion, featuring more than 400 angels on display! Click here for more info.
- Friday, Nov. 29: 12 pm – 4 pm
- Saturdays and Sundays: 12 – 4 pm
Grapevine Vintage Railroad (Nov. 29-Dec. 23, 2013)
Get your ticket and board the North Pole Express® at the Grapevine Vintage Railroad. Passengers are greeted by elves, minstrels and carolers as they board the Victorian Rail Coaches. Once you arrive back at the station, you’ll go in search of Santa, and participate in a magical holiday show. Guests recieve one voucher for a photo with Santa, and children receive a silver bell on the train ride. For more info, click here.
- Ticket times vary by day. Visit the website to see available times and to purchase tickets.
Gaylord Texan (Nov. 14-Dec. 24, 2013)
Santa can be found in one of the most beautiful settings at the Gaylord Texan Hotel. Visit him at the Oil Derrek Patio as you look upon stunning holiday decorations around the hotel atrium. Stay and enjoy the Riverwalk Light Show, slide down the Kung Fu Panda snow tubes, or get tickets for ICE! Click here for more info.
- November 14 – November 24: Monday – Friday: 4 pm – 9 pm; Saturday: 10 am – 9 pm; Sunday: 10 am – 6 pm
- November 25 – November 29: 12 pm – 9 pm
- November 30 – December 17: Monday – Friday: 4 pm – 9 pm; Saturday: 10 am – 9 pm; Sunday: 10 am – 6 pm
- December 18 – December 20: 12 pm – 9 pm
- December 21 – 24: 10 am – 9 pm
Watters Creek (Nov. 23-Dec. 24, 2013)
Stop by Watters Creek to get some photos with Saint Nick, then stick around to check out the all-new Celebration of Lights holiday display — your family will love it. You can even take free trolley and horse-drawn carriage rides around the shopping center.
- Hours Vary By Day. Visit the Watters Creek website to see when Santa will be available.
North East Mall (Nov. 9-Dec. 24, 2013)
Visit Santa at his North East Mall holiday village, located in Center Court near Macy’s & Starbucks. Parents can bring their kids to the mall, along with their wish list and best holiday smiles. Each child visiting Santa will receive a special goody bag, while supplies last.
- Hours Vary By Day. Visit the North East Mall website to see when Santa will be available.
Where is your favorite place to Visit Santa for Photos in Dallas?