This has been a hard summer for us. The Nerd has been working long hours and mandatory overtime at his job and I’ve transitioned into taking on much more of the responsibility in our household.
So I was so excited when the folks at Barton Creek Resort and Spa asked if our family would like to come stay a night and experience one of their family vacation packages — let me tell y’all, it couldn’t have come at a better time.
We love the Texas Hill Country. It is just so beautiful and such a nice change from the flatness of Dallas and North Texas. The three-hour drive was worth it for a night of fun and relaxation with my two favorite guys!
Our room was fabulous, and the view was so great. Barton Creek is like a little piece of heaven nestled away from the hustle and bustle of every day life.
Barton Creek has many different family packages that include unique experiences for the little ones in your family.
We chose the “Batty in Austin” package — I’d never seen the bats fly out at night from the Congress Avenue Bridge! Our package included a night’s stay, an awesome breakfast buffet, transportation to and from the bridge to see the bats, some cute Batman-like sunglasses for Andrew and a disposable camera to capture the memories we made on our trip!
It was so nice to have transportation to and from the bridge to see the bats… Our guide was really great and took us to an awesome spot to watch the bats come out!
Andrew really loved watching them emerge from under the bridge.
There were HUNDREDS of them. It was so crazy to watch!
For those with older munchkins, Barton Creek offers a TON of family-friendly activities you can experience:
- S’mores nights on Fridays and Saturdays from 5 to 6 pm.
- Swimming, Scavenger Hunts, Nature Trail Hikes and Miniature Golf
- Family-friendly movies in the Forum take place on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Take some time for yourself (spa day, anyone?) and drop the kids off at Kids Club — it’s is open to children ages 6 months to 8 years.
- At Camp Barton, kids can participate in various arts and crafts, swimming, nature hikes, all-camp games, golf and tennis instruction, scavenger hunts, fishing, sportball, and a Field Trip each Friday.
Of course, there are also fun activities for Dad and Mom. The resort boasts three golf courses and a luxurious spa facility. The spa rooms have these beautiful views of lighted natural limestone. So gorgeous!
I highly recommend Barton Creek as a fun destination to relax and take a break from life. We had a great time!
Disclaimer: I received a complimentary night’s stay at Barton Creek Resort and Spa. All opinions are my own.